Hello, Simply Clarke readers! I'm Rebekah from Living Lavender and I am so excited to be here with you all today! I thought that I would share some of my favorite natural beauty products with you and giveaway a $20 Sephora gift card!
Two years ago, after doing some research and talking to my doctor I decided to make the switch to all natural beauty products.
So why the switch?
I know most of you have heard about Parabens, but do you actually know what they are or what they can do to your body? They are used as a preservatives in almost every beauty product out there. Take a look at the labels of your favorite products - if any of the ingredients end in "-paraben" then they contain Parabens. Parabens have been found in breast cancer tumors and have been linked to other female reproductive cancers. They have also been found to interfere with hormones and mimic Estrogen in your body. You may think I'm paranoid and want more proof before changing up your beauty routine, and that's fine, but I encourage you to do some research. Everything we put on our skin is absorbed by it. Ever wonder why after a few hours of putting on make up it looks like you need to reapply? Your skin absorbed it. Same goes with lotions, body wash, and hair products (through the scalp).
After doing the research I decided it was worth it to me to avoid the risk and switch to an all natural beauty routine. Going natural & chemical free doesn't have to break the bank anymore. Many companies have made the switch to natural, or at the very least, Paraben-free products due to growing consumer demand.
An added bonus to switching to natural and chemical free products is that my skin & hair feel and look so much healthier. It really makes sense that using gentler, naturally derived ingredients is better for your hair and skin. Plus, these products usually are not tested on animals, which makes me feel better about buying them.
In case you're interested in making the switch too, I here are some of my favorite natural beauty finds:
1. Mineral Fusion Concealer in Warm - this is by far the BEST concealer I have ever used. I have acne prone skin and this concealer does an amazing job covering up acne and acne marks unlike any other product I have used. I buy it at Whole Foods.
2. Yes to Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser for Sensitive Skin - This cleanser does a great job of getting my skin clean without drying it out. You can find it at Target or any drug store.
3. Desert Essence Organics Bulgarian Lavender Hand & Bod Lotion - Shocker that I'd have Lavender lotion, I know. This lotion is rich and creamy without being greasy. It has done an amazing job keeping my skin moisturized this winter and I love it. I found it at Whole Foods.
4. ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation in D-10 - I hate feeling like I have makeup on, especially foundation. This one is light and doesn't give you the look of having too much make-up caked on like others can. I don't even feel like I'm wearing any makeup when I put it on. You can find it at Whole Foods.
5. ZuZu Luxe Mascar in Onyx - I wasn't expecting much from this mascara and I was wrong. It gives my lashes amazing volume. My only complaint is that it is not waterproof. You can get it at Whole Foods.
6. Mineral Fusion Eye Shadow Trio in Espresso Gold - This little trio has all the colors I need for a casual day - a shimmery nude - or a night out - all three for a smokey look. I really love it and was bummed when my jerk cat knocked it off the counter and it broke. I need to go to Whole Foods and get a new one.
7. Pureology Hydrate Light Shampoo & Conditioner - After making the switch to all natural, chemical free shampoo & conditioner, my hair has never felt or looked healthier. Seriously, the sulfates and other chemicals in most hair products really strip and damage your hair. I switched to Pureology after coloring my hair and love it.
7a. If you don't have to worry about your color fading try Organix. I used it for two years and loved it. Plus it's easy on the wallet and available everywhere.
8. Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Daily Calming Moisturizer - I have sensitive, dry skin and this moisturizer does a great job of keeping my face from drying out without being greasy or heavy. It has also done a great job keeping my skin from drying out this winter. I buy it at Target.
9. ZuZu Luxe Mineral Bronzer in D -28 - I don't use bronzer much, but when I do, I love this one because it doesn't give me the orange, carrot look. It's available at Whole Foods.
I have also heard amazing things about Tarte makeup (available at Sephora), but have not had the chance to try it yet myself.
Be sure to enter for your chance to win a $20 Sephora gift card below so you can go get your own natural beauty products!